Sunday, January 20, 2008

Welcome To My Food Blog!

Welcome to my new food blog! I'll be doing a different theme every week, and posting some of my original and/or favorite recipes everyday.

This week: Dessert!

Who doesn't love dessert? I'll be posting some quick and easy to make, and some not-so quick also. Mmmmmm....DESSERT!

I LOVE this recipe! My sister in law, Misty, introduced us to it..its soooo good! Beware though..its very, VERY rich! But oh, sooooooo yummy!!

Chocolate Eclair Dessert

1 six oz. box French Vanilla pudding (instant)
3 cups cold milk
9 oz. Cool Whip, thawed
1 box graham crackers

CHOCOLATE TOPPING/ICING
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup powdered cocoa
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup butter

For the main dessert, mix pudding and milk in a bowl and let set until it's firm. Fold in Cool Whip. Meanwhile, in a 9 x 13 pan, layer crackers across the bottom, top with 1/2 of the pudding mixture. Repeat, then top with crackers again. For the Icing: Melt butter, add other ingredients, boil for 1-2 minutes, then let cool for several minutes. Pour over top of crackers. Serve refrigerated.

Enjoy!

(Since I couldn't find Misty's recipe, this recipe is courtesy www.netcooks.com)

Comments? Questions? Leave them for me or email me at bakergirlgeorgia@gmail.com. Thanks!!!!

No comments: