Monday, February 11, 2008

I'm a Slacker! Lasagna night!

Wow, I'm a slacker! I didn't forget about the blog, but I have been busy up to my eyeballs with job interviews, kids, sickies, etc. So I'll continue on easy dinners this week!

Starting with...

Easy Lasagna!

1 lb. ground beef
1/2 onion, finely chopped
1 can (26 oz) spaghetti sauce (any kind you like!)
1 can (15 oz) diced tomatoes (I like the petite cut, the kids don't know they are there!)
1 box lasagna noodles (you can purchase the non-cook kind or use the other, doesn't matter!)
3 cups shredded mozzerella cheese
16 oz. ricotta cheese
1/3 cup grated parmesan
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. basil

Preheat oven to 375. Brown ground beef and onion together. Cook thoroughly; drain. Put meat back into pan; add spaghetti sauce and tomatoes. Bring to a small boil, and reduce heat to low. Simmer meat sauce for 10 mins. While sauce is simmering, in a medium bowl mix ricotta, parmesan, oregano and basil together. (If prefered, you can use 2 tsp of Italian seasoning instead of the oregano and basil.)

Spray a 9" x 13" baking pan with non-stick cooking spray. Put 1 1/2 cups of sauce on the bottom of the pan, spreading it out. Top with a layer of noodles. Divide cheese mixture up into 3. Place 1/3 of it on the noodles, spreading it out on them. Cover with 1 1/2 cups of the sauce mixture, and then 1 cup of mozzerella. Repeat process 2 more times, so that you have 3 layers of each. On the last layer (the top), sprinkle top with extra parmesan cheese. Cover with foil and bake for 45 mins. Remove foil and bake for 15 minutes more.

Mmmm...enjoy!

Comments? Questions? Leave them for me or email me at bakergirlgeorgia@gmail.com. Thanks!!!!

No comments: